|What would you do if you had to automatically backup a remote Linux box (e.g. your web server), and all you had locally was Windows machines? How about this: |
I covered all these requirements using open source tools: Our remote server has around 3GB of data; I have instantly navigatable history of two weeks (15 daily snapshots) locally backed-up, paying the price for little more than 3.05GB FOR ALL OF THEM. The remote synchronization is done in less than 2min!
- automatically expanding local storage space,
- transmissions of differences only,
- automatic scheduling,
- local storage of differences only,
- secure and compressed transfer of remote data and
- instant filesystem navigation inside daily snapshot images.